Category: Barefoot & Minimal
Average weight: 162g (size 8)
Recommended for: Runners who want to try a more natural running style. Beneficial for strengthening feet, lower limbs and improving posture.
- 3mm polyurethane insole (thickest under the ball of the foot)
- 4mm anatomical pod outsole design that offers more protection from sharp/protruding stones, etc. and distributes forefoot impact
- A padded collar on the bridge of the foot, for comfort
- A single hook-and-loop Velcro closure
- 3M reflective surfaces
- Tear resistant TPU toe protection
- Machine washable, air dry
- The toe separator design won’t fit every foot: where the second toe is exceptionally longer than the big toe, or the big toe exceptionally longer than the rest of the toes, etc.
- Breathable upper lets water in quickly, on the other hand it dries fast. The thin sole lets the cold in; in the winter some people will find their feet getting cold, especially when walking rather than running. The Injinji toe socks can really help with this.
This ‘shoe’ is an adventure. It takes about 6 months to get used to them. You have to build up the strength of your feet and lower limbs gradually, not overdoing it. But with a little bit of patience you will find this shoe exceptionally helpful regardless of your goals. Whether it is just for walking or running, you will see your feet changing, your body strengthening, you may become faster as your running becomes more efficient. The Bikila also lasts longer than a traditional shoe, thanks to the durable rubber sole.